Sunday, March 9, 2008

Blog One

As soon as I wake up many of the things I do, if not all the things I do affect my environment as well as the environment affects me. As soon as I wake up I go and brush my teeth, I have the bad habit of letting the water run while I’m not using it. Instead of closing the faucet and saving water I allow it to run for no reason till I’m done brushing my teeth and then I make use of the water.

On weekends, when I clean my room, I use windex and paper towels to clean. I use the paper towels that have been used to dry your hands, as a way to save paper and help the environment. When I’m outside I try my best to never litter, and I will hold on to any wrappers or garbage until I see a garbage can where I can properly dispose of it.

I do not use a lot of public transportation. I love to drive and whenever the car is available I use it. From time to time I may take the train to school or to the city, but I rarely go to the city. I usually just drive or get a ride to school, mostly because I am somewhat lazy and I’ve gotten used to it.

I would like to say I try my best to help the environment but when I really think about it, there are many little things I could do to help more. Many little and easy things that one could do to help save our environment, but yet we find so out of our way to actually do it.

1 comment:

Doctor X said...

Hey, that's what this class is about--to learn about the gazillion things we can do and then try to figure out a few that we will do. The way I see it, a few are better than none.