Sunday, March 16, 2008

"The Story of Stuff"


I happen to agree with the fact that in the U.S., most of our leisure time is used to watch TV, shop or being an Internet junkie. For example I do not watch TV at all, I might turn it on to check the weather but that is all. However, shopping and being an Internet junkie is my thing. I love to shop, it's relaxing and gets my mind of many problems. In one week I probably go shopping for about a total of six hours. It would probably be a lot more hours of shopping if I wasn't busy with classes, school work, and playing sports.


I happen to consider myself an Internet junkie. I go on the Internet everyday, for a total of about thirty-five hours a week. That's almost a full time job, spent unnecessarily browsing through websites and chatting online. All this time spent online being an Internet fiend, could very well be spent with family and friends or doing something more productive.

My leisure time is to relax and have fun. I enjoy playing sports, that is my number one leisure time activities. I get much joy from it just as much joy as I get from shopping. My leisure time schedule does match my priorities because soccer is a big priority in my life.

In class, I enjoy the fact that we get to write blogs and comment on other peoples’ thoughts. I am not the type to write a lot or share my thoughts with strangers but I am growing to like to it. I think that class is very productive for me. I have leaned quite a few things from this class so far. “The Story of Stuff” is interesting and gets you thinking where you stand.

1 comment:

Komal Patel said...

Like you, I also spend a lot of my time on the internet. I completly agree with you where you said that chating on the net takes up a lot of family time.

I found your format to be good, and the picture really made the post more interesting overall.