Sunday, June 1, 2008

Reflection on Bloggin

I found it quite easy working with Blogger, I liked that it was not difficult to work with and to learn how to do different things with it, such as adding pictures and changing the fonts different colors. I was able to work with it to get the blog my way, and it never frustrated me or gave me any problems. I enjoyed that you could pretty much set up your blog any way you wanted, every new post I would put would have a different font color or it would have a different layout for the pictures added. I liked that I could share my thoughts with everyone and everyone would be sharing theirs.

I do from time to time enjoy writing, especially if it’s an open topic or a topic of interest. For the most part I enjoyed writing every blog and commenting on others. Once I got started it was not difficult for me to write at least 250 words. If I ever had trouble it was starting the blogs. Another trouble I had was writing the blogs on time. Unfortunately I’m the type of person who procrastinates a lot, and when I would leave the blogs till Friday night, I would go out and be too tired to write them when I got home, so then come Saturday, I spend all day out playing soccer, and then at night go out with friends and I would completely forget the deadline. I think that the deadline should be more a weekday rather than a weekend. I think the fact that most people are used to going out Friday and Saturday nights helps you to forget that you have a deadline. However, if it’s on a weekday then it becomes another homework that you must hand in before going to class. I still think that the whole week should be given but it should be do a weekday.

I don’t think I learned much from the blogs of the rest of the class, however, I did enjoy being able to see different views on the same topic. I do think that blogging is helpful, it gets you to open up to a range of different people as well allowing you to be open to everyone’s views and opinions. I have never had a class that required us to write blogs, I wish I would have more classes that would require us to, because even though I would like to continue blogging, I probably won’t. I enjoyed this type of writing a lot more than the writing required of me from my other classes. I might just continue to use this blogger and just keep writing blogs, and use it as a way to express myself when I just need to express my thoughts and worries.

No comments: